FedEx announced yesterday that Express, Ground and Freight shipping rates will increase January 6, but said that they will not apply any additional residential surcharges during the holiday season.
- FedEx Express shipping rates will increase by an average of 4.9% for U.S. domestic, U.S. export and U.S. import services.
- FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shipping rates will increase by an average of 4.9%. FedEx SmartPost shipping rates will also increase.
- FedEx Freight shipping rates will increase by an average of 5.9% for shipments within the U.S. (including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and between the contiguous U.S. and Canada. FedEx Freight shipping rates will also increase for shipments within Canada, within Mexico, and between the contiguous U.S. and Mexico.
The company also will make the following Express, Ground and Freight surcharge changes effective January 20, 2020:
- Applicable services, criteria and pricing for FedEx Express and FedEx Ground packages that require additional handling or are oversized will change.
- There will be changes to applicable surcharges for FedEx Express and FedEx Ground fuel surcharge assessment.
- Applicable criteria for the FedEx Freight Capacity Load minimum charge will change.
The list of Delivery Area Surcharge ZIP Codes for FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx SmartPost will also be changed effective January 6, 2020.
Details of all changes to rates and surcharges are available at: http://fedex.com/rates2020.