Amazon told US sellers today they will begin displaying business/individual name and address on seller profiles starting September 1. This will bring the US market up to date with stores in Europe, Japan, and Mexico.
Toy and game industry advocates have wanted to remove seller anonymity for sometime as it makes it easier to see who is selling their products on the popular marketplace. It is hoped the changes will allow them to track unapproved retailers and to seek legal action against counterfeits.
The letter Amazon sent to sellers.
Beginning on September 1, 2020, we will display a seller’s business name and address on their Amazon.com “Seller Profile” page. For individuals, we will display the individual name and address. This is consistent with “Seller Profile” pages across the Amazon stores in Europe, Japan, and Mexico.
Why are we making this change?
Over the years, we have developed many ways for sellers to share more about their business, including through features like the “Seller Profile” page, “Store” pages for brand owners, and Handmade “Maker Profile” pages. These features help customers learn more about the businesses of a seller and the products they are selling. We are making this change to ensure that there is a consistent baseline of seller information to help customers make informed shopping decisions.
Can I share more information to help customers beyond my business name and address?
Yes, you are welcome to add additional information about your business and products that you think would be helpful to customers. However, remember that you should not include an email address in order to prevent spam and abuse. We ask customers and sellers to use our Buyer-Seller Messaging system to communicate electronically.
How do I ensure that my information is up to date?
You can view and update your contact information by following the steps below:
1. Log into your Amazon seller account.
2. In the “Settings” menu at the top right corner of Seller Central, click “Account Info” to view your “Seller Account Information” page.
3. In the “Business Information” section, click the links for the information you want to view.
4. To change your business name, click “Display Name” and to change the address, click “Business Address”. Enter the new information or edit the current information.
5. Once completed, click “Submit” to save