Finalists were selected from 633 nominees submitted by 236 companies. Eighteen judges, including toy and play experts, retailers, academics, and journalists, reviewed and ranked the products in categories relevant to their areas of expertise.
The judges then participated in a discussion to determine the finalists in each category. They considered each product’s creativity, design, play value, and marketing.
2020 Toy Association Toy of the Year Game Category
For families and children’s (ages 0-14) games including board, card, electronic or other physical game formats and puzzles, exclusive of video or app games.
- Funkoverse Strategy Game by Funko Games
- Heist by Megableu USA
- MS. MONOPOLY Board Game by Hasbro, Inc.
- Orangutwang by PlayMonster
- Pictionary Air by Mattel, Inc.
- Ravensburger’s Disney Villainous: Evil Comes Prepared by Ravensburger
- Throw Throw Burrito by Exploding Kittens
- UNO Braille by Mattel, Inc.