The Indie Game Developer Network have opened submissions for the 2019 Indie Groundbreaker Awards. The award recognizes excellence in the indie tabletop game design community. Games must be published and available as of 2018 to qualify.
The judging panel will be made up of two judges from within the IGDN and two from the greater industry. These judges will provide an unbiased group decision, as games they have worked on will not be eligible for submission this year. Winners will be announced at the IGDN Social at Gen Con.
There are 5 award categories. Every game submitted will be eligible to win in any one category, as determined by the judges.
- Most Innovative – Recognizing the most innovative and unique game design
- Best Art – Recognizing the best artwork, logos, graphic design, and layout
- Best Rules – Recognizing best mechanics, judging on rules set & clarity
- Best Setting – Recognizing the most evocative, interesting, solid and unique setting.
- Game of the Year – An overall award given to the best game of the year.
Submissions will be accepted until June at this link: https://forms.gle/sfiF7Edu15315uWR7
More information can be found at: https://www.igdnonline.com/groundbreakers.